Middlebrook Station is ideally located just 10 minutes from Scone - "The Horse Capital of Australia".
Scone and the Upper Hunter area is the home to many attractions including:
- Burning Mountain
- Wash Pools swimming and picnic area
- Lake Glenbawn
- Horse Studs (can be visited by appoinment or contact Upper Hunter Tours 02 6547 1030)
- Pay's Aircraft Museum
- Scone Livestock Sale Yards (Tuesday sale)
- Scone Race Track
- Australian Stock Horse Museum
There are many attractions to be found in the nearby townships of:
- Denman (Wineries and Olive Groves)
- Merriwa (Festival of the Fleeces)
- Murrurundi (Art and cafes)
- Scone (Great restaurants and cafe's)
In May of each year Scone plays host to the Scone and Upper Hunter Horse Festival - a celebration of all things equine. Activities include a street parade, rodeo, B&S Ball, Horse Sports, Gala Day, King of the Ranges stockman competition and Picnic by the Lake. For more information regarding the Scone and Upper Hunter Horse Festival click here.
For more information visit www.upperhuntercountry.com.